This cover letter sample for a Trainer uses three very good techniques:
- It addresses the hiring manager by name (Dear Mr. LaPuenta).
- It refers to someone both the job seeker and Mr. LaPuenta know (Camille Parker).
- It lists the requirements in the job posting (under YOU WANT), followed by a strong list of Maria’s matching qualifications (under I’VE GOT).
I especially like the way Maria presents her qualifications. She uses a casual style (saying I’VE GOT instead of something formal such as MY QUALIFICATIONS).
And how about the last point where she says “Several ‘dancing bear acts’ that can be performed simultaneously”? I just love the thought of a trainer performing dancing bear acts. Who can resist someone with a sense of humor?
12 Town Road
Missoula, MT 12345
March 24, 20xx
Mr. Cecil LaPuenta
Tilden & Spice
73 Oakland Avenue
Missoula, MT 12345
Dear Mr. LaPuenta,
Camille Parker of Choices Career Center recommended I contact you regarding the training opportunity with Tilden & Spice. I have read your announcement and would like to respond to the job specifications:
- Knowledge of banking or experience in the financial services industry.
- Minimum 2 years in corporate training.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and to deliver training on Saturdays.
- Extroverted and energetic personality.
- Financial services experience as former Assistant Manager, Transcontinental Financial Services.
- Background in teaching, group dynamics, and curriculum development.
- Written and oral communication talents. Wrote training guides. Used strong interpersonal skills to sell programs.
- Available to travel. Flexible schedule.
- Several “dancing bear acts” that can be performed simultaneously.
Thank you for your time and interest. I will call you next week to set up an appointment.
Professional Trainer Cover Letter Sample & Writing Guide | Resume Now
Best Personal Trainer Cover Letter Examples | LiveCareer