In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Computer Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Web Analyst
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Web Analyst can add his/her career achievements like,
- Supervise development of SQL-queries/procedures for database and backend testing.
- Manage script creation for regression and stress testing using LoadRunner and QuickTestPro.
- Trained company personnel and clients on computer specific system, along with installing and troubleshooting all software issues for the company.
- Received numerous letters of recommendation, and appreciation from management.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Web Analyst applying for a job would look like,
Senior Web Analyst
AB Company, Delhi, 2006-Present
- Analyze business and system requirements, mange development of specifications to create and execute detailed test plans, and verify bug fixes.
- Oversee 4 on- and off-site Web analysts.
- Configure test environment and create strategy for product development and certification. Assure test data, schedule automated/manual tests. Approve results documentation and tracking systems updates.
- Use Clear Quest for repository, reporting and tracking bugs, and providing updates on resolved bugs.
Web Corporation, Delhi, 2004-2005
- Determined testing requirements developed and reviewed scripts for positive and negative test scenarios, conducted baseline testing, and generated reports. Tested server and Web Portal.
- Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
- Designed test plans and defined cases for functional, integration system, and user acceptance testing.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.
Inside Company, Delhi, 2002-2003
- Helped develop UNIX and VB scripts for testing. Documented complete software testing process.
- Interacted with developers, system engineers, and testing teams to identify applications defects
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Web Analyst who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- B.Sc.(Computer Science)
Poornima College of Science, Jaipur
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Web Analyst could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Web Analyst would look like,
- Awarded by Santa Rosa Technical Institute for contribution in web designing.
- Peoria Scholars Scholarship 1990 to 1992, scholarship award for academic excellence.
- Given the chance to attend training at Yahoo!, in US.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Web Analyst could also look like,
Salary Range of a Web Analyst
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 20000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 2.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $7500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.